Creation vs. Prediction

When I was younger I would have thought that the best thing about being clairvoyant is knowing what is going to happen, I couldn't have been more wrong. I will admit having a heads up on occasion is pretty cool, but I think if I knew too much I would either be sad or bored. See we tend to think that knowing what is coming up will afford us some kind of advantage and it sometimes does, but most often we don't like what is coming. It's easy to get caught up in the idea that we are going to see something great because we want something great to happen, but just being able to see what is coming isn't the same as being able to control what it will be.



I used to have a client who would ask when the man she loved was going to leave his wife. I never saw him leaving, but she would ask this EVERY READING! And I read for her once a week for about 6 months. It was nice to have a steady client, but I started running out of ways to tell her that what she wanted to happen wasn't what I was seeing. I tried to explain to her that her time with me would be better spent having me help her shift the energy that had her irrationally hung up on a married man. There was some karma there that she was not willing to look at because she was addicted to the idea that if she just looked long enough and wanted it bad enough that it would happen.



I really hate this part of a reading, when a person is so stuck on an idea that they just can't hear what you are saying. They think that by rephrasing the question or asking it in a slightly different way that the future will be tricked or that I just wasn't looking at it hard enough or in the right way. When a client tells me what they want to look at I watch their energy as they talk about it and I get way more about what is really going on for them emotionally than what their words say.



One of the things I like to hear when I've delivered less than positive news is, "what can I do to keep it from happening" or "what do I do if it does?" These are take action questions and it gives me a chance to actually help them. The ones who keep asking the same thing over and over hoping for a different answer are people who let life happen to them and are afraid to take the bull by the horns. I often say, "you want a different answer, ask a different girl" because very few things can wake them up. You see they don't know that they are letting life happen to them because that is the nature of having your head in the sand, you don't know it's in there. Don't get me wrong these are still some of the most intelligent people you might meet, but they are not living, they are getting lived. I should know, I used to be one of them.



When I started looking at my own energy and seeing the issues I had as, "okay, I have that, now what? Why is it that way? How can I make it be the way that I know will make me happy?" I found that I had the option to drive my life way more than I had ever imagined. I don't mean being a control freak and I also don't mean that the idea of doing that was my own. I ended up learning how to read and shift energy because life happened to me and dumped me somewhere that I got a chance to learn that. Sure it was my higher self doing the driving in that case but it was through no conscious effort on my part. I would still be stumbling blindly through life had I not made a handful of important decisions that seemed unimportant at the time. My point is I was lost and then was found, was blind but now I see!



The reason this is called Creation vs. Prediction is that when you get a reading you have the opportunity to ask your reader how you can become the best version of yourself instead of only asking what is going to happen and you will find what is going to happen gets less and less important. Once you are who you want to be and are meant to be you are happy. And once you are happy you can handle whatever happens. Happy people are magnetic for one thing. My ex-husband once said to me after we had split and were still friends, "I finally know what kind of woman I am attracted to ... happy ones."



Happy people are people who are responsible for their own happiness and don't need you to provide it for them. So who wouldn't want to be around a happy person? Who wouldn't want to be a happy person? Being a happy person is like having pump your own gas stations with fast pay (sorry Oregonians, this one only works if you live in a pump your own state - or travel). You aren't relying on the attendant or the cashier to take care of your fueling needs. You are free to pull up, slide your card, pump your gas and go! I love that! I am not obligated to smile at anyone, talk, or wait. I can even wash my own windows if it's what I want, FREEDOM! Maybe it's because I grew up in Oregon that this is such liberation, but that is what being a happy person gives you: liberation. And being able to see your own energy and do something about it when it just ain't quite right is one of the keys to that liberation. Can I get an Amen!



I feel I may have gotten a little off topic with that whole "pump your own" thing, but I feel really strongly about taking your life by the wheel. I'm not saying that you will only be happy forever more. And I'm also saying that you might need to be brave about things you see and hear. I got messages that my wonderful cat Ira was about to pass about a week before it happened. There was nothing I could do and the grief overwhelmed me for a time, but I at least had a little time to prepare my heart for the pain. It really taught me a lot about letting go.



Most of the time the only bravery that I have to put on is the kind that it takes to really look at yourself in an honest yet gentle way. If every time you look at a trait of yours as a fault, you are having trouble being honest yet gentle. You are doing yourself a disservice if every time you try to figure out why you talk a lot (those who know me, know this is a personal one) and instead of getting to the heart of any issues you just sit there feeling bad for all of the times that you talked someones ear off. Yes, this trait has been a barrier to connecting with people sometimes, but the only way to keep it from happening again is to get at the heart of why it happens. You can't change the past, but you can change how you feel about it and that is really where the power is anyway. It's your feeling about what has happened in the past that plagues you. Seeing yourself clairvoyantly gives you compassion for why you did what you did.



I always tell a certain someone in my life who is way too hard on herself that she is always doing the best she can. Even when we fail we are trying and that does count for something. We are all doing our best and hindsight is 20/20. It's just so easy to decide that you should have been perfect when you are out of the situation. When you do this to yourself are you realizing that being perfect in the situation was most likely what you were trying to do and just missed the mark? It's worth looking into why you think being this hard on yourself is how you deserve to be treated. If you treated someone else like that, they wouldn't stick around long.



So who do you want to be? It's in your hands and you can choose to let go of the things that stand in your way. It's all up to you...

1 comment: